Thursday, April 20, 2017

12 Rice Dishes You Will Flip Your Lid For

Rice. Simple in nature, popular internationally, completely understated rice. 

Rice is so amazing. It is a versatile grain that goes with any protein and vegetables to be made into a perfect meal. Although, I definitely do not, nor recommend to have it daily (I do believe in a versatile diet), I honestly could!

My kids love rice, I think most do. So, it is an easy go to for dinner once in a while. It allows me to mix in key nutrition while filling them up.

I personally opt for parboiled and brown rice. But to make it more interesting, I am always looking to make inventive rice dishes. Typically, being Fijian/Indian, we have rice plain but mixed with daal or curries or chutneys.  Even still, I love one pot meals, and to kick it up a notch with rice. Given, I don't want to just always have it there as a compliment often.

So...

I took to my South Asian Blogger Network friends because they were sure to have some awesome ideas (no I'm not being stereotypical, it's knowing what library to look in), and, BAM!!! They did not disappoint, that's for sure.

Turning Mommy - Rice Dishes One Pot Meals


I rounded some of the, I kid you not friends, best rice dishes...ever!

If you love rice, and need to change it up and make meal ideas, then bookmark or pin this post and try these recipes.

Mom's Homemade Chicken Biryani

Photo Credit: The Write Balance

Photo Credit: Flour and Spice










Bibimbap

Photo Credit: Food Mamma











Roasted Acorn Squash with Goat Cheese, Mushrooms and Rice


Cheesy Chicken and Rice

cheesy chicken rice













Lemon Rice

Photo Credit: Super Urdu Mom










Photo Credit: Flour and Spice














Yum yum yum...which one are you going to try first?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading turningmommy, I look forward to hearing from you.